Ingersoll Rand is hardly a household name, but the products it produces–Trane air conditioners, Thermo King refrigeration units, and many others, are spread throughout the global economy.
The company also happens to perform well on a variety of ESG factors in Truvalue Labs’ ESG data & analytics platform. As you can see in the screenshot below, it outperforms its industry of Electrical & Electronic Equipment in a variety of categories.
One key thing to note is that in the screenshot, Insight360 SASB Edition has the materiality filter on–meaning the categories shown are those considered material to the financial performance of Ingersoll Rand and its peers, according to the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB). Click here to see SASB’s Materiality Map.
What else can we learn about Ingersoll Rand’s performance on the Insight360 platform?
It has consistently outperformed its peers and earned scores indicating positive sentiment in the news stories and other events captured by Truvalue Labs’ Insight360 platform.
Below you can see a two-year chart; in that time, Ingersoll Rand’s long-term Insight score has held a steady advantage over its peers despite normal fluctuations in the more sensitive near term measure, the Pulse score.
Since February 2016, the company’s Insight score has held a double-digit advantage over the industry on Insight360’s 100-point sentiment scale.
While 50 is the notional neutral point indicating a balance of positive and negative coverage, most industries and sectors average above that, as can be seen here with its industry.
The reasons for Ingersoll Rand’s outperformance on sustainability measures are varied.
Here’s a collection of stories that shows the company’s positive events in a number of categories.
It’s simple for ESG analysts and portfolio managers, among others, to do in-depth research on material events for companies on the Insight360 platform.
- “Ingersoll Rand Named to Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations Index.” 3BL Media | 24 Jan 2018
- “Ingersoll Rand: How to Use IoT to Become More Energy Efficient.”
3blmedia.com | 05 Dec 2017
- “Ingersoll Rand Awarded Leadership Status in CDP’s Annual Climate Change Report.”
Business Wire | 03 Nov 2017
- “Ingersoll Rand to Host Thousands of Future Workers at Worldwide Facilities for Manufacturing Day.”
Construction Equipment Guide | 06 Oct 2017
- “Developing Smart Partnerships To Reduce Waste: Q&A with Ingersoll Rand.”
Environmental Leader | 29 Sep 2017
- “Charlotte-area firms pledge to lower emissions despite Paris withdrawal.”
Charlotte Observer | 06 Jun 2017
- “Ingersoll Rand: On Track to Reduce Carbon Footprint by 50 MMT by 2030.”
www.energymanagertoday.com | 10 May 2017